We locate in Östersundom, around 25 minutes from Itäkeskus (15 kilometres / 9 miles). From our camp centre you can reach Sipoonkorpi National Park by bike in 20 minutes. It offers fantastic opportunities for hiking and outdoor activities.
We are part of Youth Services in Helsinki and we belong in The Enviromental education Unit (Ympäristötoiminnan nuorisotyöyksikkö). This is why our house is environmentally-friendly, we recycle everything and promote environmental education, young people’s public participation and provide young people with support and advice.
The camp-centree can accommodate around 30 to 40 people. You can rent our facilities for free if you are a youth group or Helsinki based organization. Otherwise there is a fee to use our facilities.
Your group can also rent hiking equipment like tents or bags from Wempaimisto lending services, please contact email@example.com. We have for example: tents, back bags, snowshoes and skies.
The house is an old school, which has its own gymnasium, two smaller rooms (one that is 50m2 and the other nearly 100m2). The building also has its own sauna and washing room.
- 30 bunkbeds and 10 extra-beds, so 40 people can stay in our facilities
- Kitchen that has dishes for 40 people + dishwasher
- Two separate sleeping rooms that are connected by communicating door
- Gymnasium, around 70m2 with small platform
- Two small rooms that are used by Youth Services
- Showers and bathrooms are located in the street level / main floor
- Sauna and washing facilities are located downstairs’ in the cellar